Friday, February 1, 2008

Our apt in Shanghai

We decided to upload some pictures of out apt in Shanghai so some of you don't have to worry that we are sleeping on the street :-)

Due to the snow storm here, lots of cities are out of power. The government has been calling for people on TV to turn off their heaters and turn down all the facilities that use power. John said he couldn't read so we could ignore the notices :-) We hope they won't cut our power cuz we'll be frozen to death before too long.

We got our tickets to go to my home for the Chinese New Year (sorry Judson, even though the Koreans celebrate it too, we still call it the Chinese new year because they got it from us :-) Just kidding). My parents are so excited to meet their new foreign son-in-law, which made John nervous. The village president told my mom he'd send his driver to pick us up from the airport. I think it's a big deal that I married an American. I hope John doesn't punch people in their faces when they come to my house and admire him :-) I'll have to watch him real close.

Here's the link to pictures of our apt.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HobblyJig/OurAptInShanghai

We love all of you. Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Must say, I LOVE the pink bathroom! And we totally want to take you guys up on your offer of the guest room someday. :)

    Post lots of pictures of your hometown, Sherry! I'm way interested in seeing them!

    ps What's a "village president"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, we love your comments as always. We'll upload some pictures when we come back from my home. A village president is like a city mayer, only for a village. There are about 500 families in my village. it's a modern one in the suburbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sherry!!! I'm so glad you guys are doing well over there! Did you have a chance to go home? I know a lot of people were stranded and weren't able to travel for Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete