Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14/2012 I became an American!

Four years and a few thousand dollars later, I'm an American. 
It's a long and expensive journey, but it's worth it. 
I can vote.
I can travel to many counties without a visa.
I can collect more of my tax benefits. 
I can apply for government jobs. 
 I can sponsor my family to have a green card.
As flawed as America is, there's no other country I would rather be a citizen of. 
Even though I would always be a Chinese at heart,
I am proud to be an American.
I'll continue to eat my vegetables, 
to save my money,
and to work hard.


The pictures were taken on the day of Oath Ceremony. 
It was a moving event. 
I'm thankful for everyone who came. 
When we all showed up in our American flag shirts, 
it was quite a scene. 
It made us remember it's a great privilege to be an American citizen. 
Jade was a super star that day. She entertained everyone on the stage :-)
Ironically, we went to my favorite Chinese restaurant to celebrate afterwards. 
I love China for many reasons, but
I'm so proud to be an American!





No comments:

Post a Comment