Sunday, September 9, 2012

Jade Recently

Here are some happenings with Jade lately.

1. She's been having a hard time going to bed since we switched her to her toddler bed. She has to be held to fall asleep. Otherwise she'll stand at the door and scream for mommy and daddy.

2. Daddy got a video camera monitor for Jade's bed. Now I can watch her room anywhere there's Wi-Fi. It's fun to watch her go down for a nap at work. It's also fun to see what she does in her room when we put her down for naps and the night.

3. Jade's been having pronoun confusions, mostly with you and I. She would ask me, "mommy, where's your daddy?" Or, "Daddy, where;s your mommy?" She says things like, "mommy, help you!".

4. Her language has been developing so fast. She's been absorbing everything we say to her, and now she seems to be reproducing everything, in good context. We really need to pay attention to what we say now. She would say, "mommy, I'm so funny." "I'm a good helper." "Good job, Jade!" Good thing we've been positive to her :-)

5. It's fun to watch her slowing figuring out her two languages. She would say, "mommy says Putao, daddy says grapes." Here's a fun little story of her bilingualism. The Chinese for apple is Ping Guo, but jade always calls it Pi Gu, which means butt. I tried to fix it for her a few times, and she got tired and told me off. Mommy, it's apple, ok? :-) Haha funny kids.


Its not totally obvious, but she fell asleep with her feet on her bed and her head down on the stuffed zebra on the floor. I decided not to let her sleep like that all night :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry,

    It's so much fun reading your updates about little Princess Jade!! She is definitely growing up so fast, too fast for me!!!

    I will have to find another short vacation to visit her!!

    Love,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete