Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Promised Ice Cream

Here's daddy's facebook post about the whole event.

"I had promised Jade ice cream with lunch, and I had a free frappe from McDonald's coming to me. So we went to the play place and I got a caramel frappe and gave it to Jade. Most of you are probably already sighing at my stupidity. She drank about a quarter of it with her chicken nuggets and then went off to play. When we were leaving she wanted some more. Not having had a single sip myself, I gave
it to her to have a little more. I planned to dump it in the trash on the way to the car. Well I had won a free redbox movie so we stopped there and while I found Kung Fu Panda 2 for her she managed to drain the rest of the frappe. At that point I was thinking, wow that's a lot of sugar I hope I can still get her to take a nap in an hour. Well, she had missed her nap the day before, and an hour later the sugar crash was in full effect. It was a fight, but she went down for a nap. Although she should have been really tired she only slept for half the time she usually does. No big deal. 9pm rolls around and this girl is still bouncing off the walls. I'm thinking that it can't possibly be the sugar. It's been 8 hours since she ate that. Then it hit me, I quickly Googled it, and my fears were confirmed. Blame my sheltered Mormon life if you want, but I didn't realize that the caramel frappe would have caffeine in it. I gave my toddler 16 ounces of caffeinated caramel ice cream. She is beyond giddy. If she took an ADD test right now she would set new records."


FYI jade, here're people's comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment