Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jack's Allergy

About 6 months ago, Jack licked Jade's spoon that had some leftover peanut butter on. He threw up shortly after and had a rah on his tummy. It didn't get any worse. 
A couple of days ago, Jade and I were cracking open roasted peanuts and eating them. Jack is usually not interested in peanuts, but he somehow popped half in his mouth. He chewed a little bit, but he didn't like it, so he started to spit everything out. I helped him get most of it out. But a couple minutes later, his lips got swollen and red around his lips. I panicked and called daddy, who's in class. He calmed me down and told me to give him Benadryl. I wasn't thinking straight and gave him a Tbsp instead of a tsp. I freaked out and daddy told me to call Poison Control. They told me it's within a safe range. He'll just sleep it off. He slept for an hour, woke up, and threw up. Then he went back to sleep, for 4 hours. When he woke up, he was happy and all normal again. 
Poor guy, no more peanuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment