Saturday, December 12, 2009

New haircut

I got so tired of my long hair that I decided to get a cut. Believe it or not, I've never actually got a haircut in America for the past 5 years I've been here. American hair stylists just don't know how to deal with the thick, stiff Asian hair, and the strange shape of an Asian skull :-)

I remember when my American brother Cody tried to cut my hair (he's a very good stylist), he struggled with it until I came back from China with a videotape for him from a salon. He learned that he actually COULD just thin out 2/3 of my hair and still not make me bald :-)

Anyways, I heard about this salon in Provo run by a Latin lady. All the hairdressers there are from Latin America. I thought they had similar hair to Asian's. So I decided to try it out. If it didn't turn out, it's okay because I have one month to grow it out before school starts again.

It turns out to be a very nice surprise. I wouldn't say it's the best haircut I've ever had, but I would definitely go back again. It's cheap ($15.00) and the Colombian lady that cut my hair was very friendly.

So here's the new look.Ta-dah...

This shot is for Naisi, who brought me back this beautiful dress all the way from NYC! Love you!

3 comments:

  1. So we thought something looked different but we couldn't quite put our finger on it. :) Looks great!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lady who does my hair every time. I wouldn't say she's the best, but she's fine and knows how to thin my hair out A TON which is good. She's really cheap (cause she's a family friend) so that's probably a top reason I go to her. haha. But I think your hair looks great. I'm gonna get a haircut soon before I go back to Missouri.

    ReplyDelete