Sunday, March 13, 2011

03/11/2011 Japan Earthquake 8.9

Since John's turning my blog into a book at the end of each year, I feel motivated to jot down more words for our posterity to read in the future.

Yesterday, Japan was hit by an 8.9 earthquake. It's heart-breaking to see the pictures and videos over the internet. The human race is again very much humbled by the power of nature. People on the Chinese twitter thing called Weibo: http://t.sina.com.cn have been talking about 2012. Is it really going to be the end of the world? If so, what are your regrets in life? "Live as if you're dying tomorrow." I ask myself, if I die tomorrow, what are my regrets?

-Spending more time with my family? -No, because I have plenty time to spend with them in heaven.
-Take Jade home so my family can meet her? -No, they can meet her on the other side just as well.
-Watching my kid grow? -NO, because I'll watch her grow in the other world just as well.
-Growing old together with my husband? -No, because we have an eternity to grow old together.
After soul researching for a while, I realize my biggest regret would be "not dying with my full potential achieved" . I could be a much better version of me if I try harder. I could be more charitable, more fit, more knowledgeable, more patient, more forgiving, more optimistic, more obedient...

So if I live as if I'm dying tomorrow, I'll have to start trying harder to reach my full potential on earth. That way when I see Heavenly Father, I won't be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment