Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother is another word for faith, hope and love!

I've always loved my mother and appreciated everything she's done for me. But I've never appreciated her so much until I'm about to become a mother myself.

I'm grateful for the values she's infused in me since I was a kid;
I'm grateful for her example of being kind, virtuous, hard-working, selfless, and wise;
I'm grateful for her high expectations on me and her faith in me;
I'm grateful for her good example of being a good daughter to her parents and in-laws;
I'm grateful that she was always home with a delicious meal when I came back from school;
I'm grateful that she truly understood the meaning of womanhood and motherhood and prepared me for it;
I'm grateful for all the sacrifices she's made to make me who I am today.

On this special day, I so wish I could be home with her to cook her a meal and show her how much I love and appreciate her.

I also feel so blessed to have John's mom in our lives. She's already been a great example for me in so many different ways. I'm sure John feels the same about his mom as I about mine.

Happy Mother's Day, Moms!


My Mother's Day plant :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment