Friday, May 14, 2010

~~Simple Food, Big Love~~

I love food! I wish I had more time to cook.

Last night John and I were watching Alton Brown's Good Eats. His overnight cinnamon rolls were just too enticing. So I made some this afternoon. I did some things differently so it only took a couple hours. For example, I let the dough rise in the oven with a boiling pot of water. It only took 30 minutes for the dough to be ready. I think it turned out pretty good. I ate three of them all at once, unfrosted though. I don't like the frosting.

Aren't they pretty?!
I put some orange zest in the cream cheese frosting. It added a nice little touch. John told me not to make desserts to go along with his INSANITY work-out. So I haven't made any dessert for months. I guess a splurge once in a LONG while should be okay.

The following are some of the food I ate last week. I wish I could eat Chinese everyday.

Steamed dumplings with soup inside

Mapo TofuChayote melon and egg stir-fry

Tea Eggs: my favorite breakfast :-) I used Barley Tea to keep my Word of Wisdom :-)I don't have a pre-shelled picture. So I borrowed one from my favorite Chinese cooing blog :-)

My major complaint at this stage of pregnancy is that I can't eat as much as I want. I eat a tiny portion and I'm full and I never gets hungry again. I need to get this baby out so I have more space for my food :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment