Friday, July 16, 2010

~~week 37~~ picnic in the canyon

Beginning of week 37. FULL TERM!!The week 37 checkup was nothing special. Everything seems to be going well. The baby will be about 8 pounds, above average for an Asian baby. But I guess she's only half Asian. Starting next week, the Dr. will check me and tell me whether or not the baby is coming.

We've got everything ready for her, all the clothes she could wear, blankets, infant carrier, pack n play, diapers, bottles... My mom sent me a package all the way from China. There are some cute cute Chinese baby stuff in it, including a way too big baby blessing dress. I'll have to use safety pins to pin it on her or something.

We went to Provo Canyon for a picnic with some of our friends. It wasn't easy to find a quiet place with not many people. But we managed to find a little park and had a fun evening there.

There were four cute little girls there. Each of them is cute in their own way. It's crazy to think soon I'll have one of my own!!


John and Dave cooking away.

They are grilling the Arby's burgers Bentley brought. Silly...I probably shouldn't post Addie's picture without the consent of the parents. She's just so cute.

THREE more weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. Have the baby yet? Let us know when you do! I thought I'd write you quickly and tell you my birthing story with baby #2 since you asked and I never got around to it. It really wasn't an amazing story or anything (with the exception that we now have a baby..which is pretty miraculous).

    I was scheduled to go to the hospital on Tuesday to get induced. They TECHNICALLY only "ripened my cervix" that night and in the morning they were going to actually induce with me pitocin.

    But I went into labor that night around 2 am before the pitocin. The contractions were REALLY PAINFUL, much more than with baby #1. I called in a nurse (who was really unhelpful but eventually ended up sending up the anesthesiologist to give me an epidural). Once I had an epidural, I went back to sleep.

    I woke up around 7 thinking "I feel like I need to push" which seemed funny to me because they checked me during the night and I was only dilated to a 3. But I called in the nurse to check me just in case.

    She said, "Oh! You're ready to deliver!" They told me not to push because my doctor wasn't there yet and they could tell the baby was gonna come fast.

    The doctor came not too long after. Then 1 1/2 pushes later I had a baby! Recovery was MUCH better (seeing how I traveled to Utah by car less than 2 weeks after delivery) compared to baby #1.

    So, there's my story. Hope labor and delivery are as easy for you as for me!

    ReplyDelete