Monday, August 16, 2010

~Jade Li Carr~蓝祺儿

Jade Li Carr: Born at 5:33pm, August 5, 2010, 8 pounds 10 ounces, 20.5 inches, Timponogas Regional Hospital, Orem, Utah

Jade was one day overdue. My doctor was going out of town that weekend, so it was either switch doctors or have an induction. I went with the latter and it was a good decision. I went in to the hospital at 8am August 5. I got an epidural before the induction began, which is another great decision. Thank goodness for epidurals, I had a painless labor. After 10 minutes of pushing, the doctor told me Jade's head was turned to the side and offered me two solutions: keep pushing for another 2 hours or he could help with forceps. Not knowing anything about forceps, I agreed to it after confirming that it wouldn't cause harm to the baby. It turned out great. Jade is perfectly healthy and mommy didn't have to push for 2 hours.

Recovery was a little tough at the beginning. I lost a little too much blood and had to have 3 units of blood transfusion after a little fainting episode on the toilet. But all is well. I'm well on my way to recovery.

We were grateful for our doctor who was calm, experienced, and considerate. We're grateful for the guidance of the spirit in all our decision making process. We're grateful for mom, who was there the whole time taking care of us. I'm grateful for John, who's so loving and supportive the whole time. We're grateful for Jade, who chose to join our little family. She's just so perfect!






No comments:

Post a Comment