Friday, October 22, 2010

Fabulous Friday

~~Angel Face~~
There are 5 things that make this Friday fabulous for me!

1. I didn't have to wake up between 1:00am-7:30am to feed Jade.

We finally decided to start her bedtime routine and train her to fall asleep on her own. I fed her at 6:30pm last night, played with her for a while, gave her a bath, read her a storybook, wrapped her up in her blanket, turned the lullaby on, and rocked her in my rocking chair. She screamed for about 5 minutes and then fall asleep at about 8pm. John and I watched some Chuck and Lie to Me. Jade woke up at 9. I fed her, changed her diaper, and tried to rock her to sleep. She was screaming for 10 minuted before I gave her to John. John rocked her for a while and put her in her crib. She creamed for 10 minutes, calmed down and started to play in her crib by herself, then she would scream again for a little bit. John would go into her room to comfort her every 5-10 minutes. I couldn't do it. I can't leave her cry and walk out of the room. I muted the baby monitor, but every time the red flash came on, I knew she's crying and I couldn't do anything. This went on for about half an hour, but it felt like 2. Finally John gave up, went into her room, picked her up and she fell asleep in like 5 minutes. And she never woke up until 7:30 this morning! Yay!!!!

2. I didn't have to get up at 6:30am to work.

I've been working for the English Testing Service (ETS) to grade the TOEFL speaking tasks. It's been a great job because I get to stay home with Jade and make some money. I signed up for the early morning sessions this month because I thought I had to get up at 6 to feed Jade anyway. But now that Jade doesn't wake up that frequent anymore, it's a PAIN to have to wake up to an alarm at 6:30 to work!! Good thing there's only 2 days left I have to work morning shift. Starting next month, I'll do the afternoon shift. It's gonna be a lot better!

3. I didn't have to go to the ELC to tutor for a whole day.

I signed up for tutoring on Fridays from 9am-3pm at the ELC at the beginning of the semester to get some extra moeny. But I hated it because I had to pump and I would get clogged milk duct. Now that I can work from home, I quit the tutoring and it's been so great staying home for the whole Friday!

4. I get paid today! That's always fun.

5. I get to take Jade to the mall, test out her new stroller and shop for her Halloween dress :-)
The rest are just some cute pictures.


Jade snoring away in Megan's laps this morning :-)

"Mommy, don't flash me when I'm sleeping!!"

Jade loves playing with auntie Megan.

Since she's a tiger girl, she loves Tigger the Tiger:-)

She also likes watching Chinese shows with Megan.

matchy-matchy with auntie

Tummy Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment