Thursday, October 14, 2010

Jade's 2 months appointment

Mommy and auntie Megan took Jade in for her 2 months appointment exactly on her 2 months mark (Oct 5, 2010). Jade's growing steadily and is a very healthy girl. She's still very tall and she's gained a couple pounds. Here's the stats:

Weight:
Length:

There are a couple things that make me decide not to go back to Utah Valley Pediatrics any more.

1. The wait. I hate waiting, period. I know it's a virtue that I need to work on, but I don't want to yet. I go crazy if I had to wait for more than 10 minutes.

2. They didn't warn me about the after effect of the vaccine shots. Hello!! New parents here!!! It was hard to see my baby girl getting those 2 nasty shots, one of which hurt A LOT I heard. Jade screamed for a couple minutes. I comforted her for a while and as soon as I put her in the car seat and walked out of the clinic, she fell asleep. The nurse didn't warn me at all about the aftermath of the shots. After we got home in the evenings, Jade just wouldn't stop crying, and it was a different cry, one that I've never heard before, so I figure she's in pain. John took her temperature and found out she's running a fever. John held her for a long time and got her to sleep. But very time he moved a little bit, she's wake up and scream. I finally called the after hour clinic, and they told me to take her in. So we did. The doctor there was really nice. He checked Jade all over again, gave her some baby Tylenol, told us a few things to watch for, and sent us home. With the Tylenol, Jade was able to fall asleep and when she woke up the next morning, she was all better and happy again!

We got so bored waiting we started taking pictures to entertain ourselves. One funny thing: When the doctor came in and put her on her tummy, she held her head up and saw herself in the mirror and she had this HUGE smile on her face oh it was so cute. All three adults started laughing. The doctor commented she'd never seen a baby so happy seeing herself in the mirror before :-)

These pictures were taken the same week of the appointment.
Jade loves to be held by cousin Emily.

Tummy time for Jade, daddy and grandma.
Look mommy, I can hold my own Binky.

No comments:

Post a Comment