Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend.

First, John and I went to Costco and got a bed frame and a roast chicken (it's one of my favs from Costco)! Finally, the boxes went under the bed where I can't see their ugly faces! Then we went to Ikea and got a dresser! John also found his dream bedroom and study. Too bad I didn't take a picture of the bedroom! I didn't bring my camera and I had to ask John multiple times to get him to take any picture for me :-( The designer is a genius in using space. It was great!
This is the desk John likes.

This is the bed Megan and I like.

I realized more and more that I'm such a poor house decorator. One thing is I don't want to spend money, but sometimes I think even if I had moeny, I'm not sure I know how to decorate the house. But then again I can always hire a someone if I have money :-) Good thing I'm very low maintenance. I can go without many things.

One thing I AM good at, though, is shopping for clothes!! I love it and I think I pick good clothes for John. Sometimes he doesn't think so, but usually after I force him into his new clothes, he ends up liking them :-) I just can't go shopping with them cuz nothing in the store looks good to him. He tends to pick gray, white, navy blue shirts- BORING!! So this time I got him some bright colored T-shirts, green, yellow, and blue. He ended up liking them. Next time, PINK!! But I'm taking it slow, one step at a time :-)
He only allows me to take one picture :-(

Of course I had to stop by the semi-annual sale at Bath and Body. Some lotion and stuff were only 4 for 10 dollars. I had to stock up even though I still have leftovers from Christmas! John said I could open my own store now :-)
I was too tired to make any Saturday dinner, so we went to Panda Express because it's close and it's quasi-Chinese (better than no Chinese at all). It's funny I don't like the dishes everybody likes, such as sweet& sour pork, orange chicken, etc. To me, they taste nothing like Chinese!

I wish there's a better Chinese restaurant in Provo!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did have a busy weekend! I might be more busy if I had some money...unfortunately Tyson and I realize that with med school coming...there isn't much hope for money in the near future. BUT, I also like John's green shirt and I too am horrible at decorating. But Tyson is actually really quite good at it, so I'll leave it to him.

    ReplyDelete