Sunday, June 28, 2009

Manti Pageant

We had a fun weekend. I wish it was longer. Friday I hung out with Megan. We went shopping at Chao's and got some nice Chinese food, such as stuff to Sichuan fish, yumm! John thinks that's the worst combination: spicy + fish! Oh how much he is missing out! We watched some movies together and she did my hair.

We were driving around one day and saw this little store called Sammy's that has what they call "the most famous pie shake". So we went there to try it out. They were out of the apple cobbler shake so we had to order a raspberry cheesecake thing. "It was good, but not amazing. " that's John's review.
Then on Saturday, we went to Manti to show her the Pageant. It's very sad that they limited the blanket area to this tiny corner now. We had to sit in chairs to watch it. It got a little chilly and I wish I had more blankets. Megan enjoyed the show. She didn't know what the word "BEHOLD" means. We got her a plot of the show written in Chinese, so that helped. We actually just watched the Joseph Smith movie with her and the missionaries a couple weeks ago. So it was a good review.
It was a pretty drive down there.
We played some Chinese card games and it was lots of fun.

John's two favs: lemonade and pecan.

I love the funnel cakes. I had to stand in-line for 10 minutes. But it was way worth it.


The Manti Pageant brings back sweet memories for us. It was the last thing we did together two years ago before I had to go back to Shanghai. How time flies! I love John! He's my whole life right now :-)
Us in Manti two years ago. I look so young then :-) Oh I just noticed I was wearing the same pair of jeans :-)

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Good for you two going to the Manti Pageant. I didn't know you could get lemonade/funnel cake/roasted pecans there, next year we are definitely going--for the funnel cake.

    ReplyDelete