Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 4th- BBQ at Selnate

This year's July 4th started with a BBQ at Selnate.

Selnate is a small ESL school with only about 20 students, 4 teachers, 2 interns, 1 secretary, and 1 boss. The school could use a larger enrollment for economic reasons, but I sure love the small size of it. Everybody knows and hangs out with each other. It just feels like one big family.

We planned a BBQ in the backyard at 1:30pm and guess when Mr. Rain decided to visit? Yes, exactly at 1:30pm! But we still managed to have fun!
These two cute Japanese girls had a crush on John, I think, because they couldn't keep their eyes off him. haha, very cute :-)

It was also Karen's bday(Karen is the teacher/administrator.)

Diego dared me to try a tranditional drink from Argentina, called Mate. I didn't realize it was tea until I tried a sip. Oops, the WoW! It tasted just like tea, only sweet tea, because they put sugar in it.
He carried a hot water bottle and a packet of sugar with him :-)

Uhmm, not my favorite :-)

Yessica is my best student. She's smart AND hardworking :-)

It was fun despite the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment