Tuesday, August 25, 2009

~~Rooster~~

Back in July when we went to that Taste of Utah Valley Festival, we discovered a new Chinese (Asian) restaurant called Rooster. Their Thai Basil Rice won my heart at the festival. So for our anniversary dinner, we decided to try it out.
It didn't disappoint us. It's a little on the pricy side, but it's just right for special occasions. We sat outside for the main course, and then it started raining so we had to move inside for the dessert. What with us and the rain this year?! John said it's a good sign; that means we are very fertile :-) Silly John~~
John's Ginger chicken stir-fry. Isn't that a cute bowl?
My Thai Basil Rice

Anyway, the best part for me was the drink: Taro flavored Boba Smoothie.
Boba balls are made from a mixture of tapioca and carrageenan powder.

When we were in China, my favorite drink was Boba Tea, which in Chinese translated as Pearl Milk Tea. It has different flavors and my favorite is MoCha (green tea).

Then comes John's favorite part of the meal: dessert! We had Chocolate Lava Cake with cream! Yum~~
Please ignore the hairy arm of my husband~~Happy Anniversary~~

1 comment:

  1. 3 things: 1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 2. I LOVE tapioca drinks...like, LOVE. 3. I hope John was right and the rain did mean "fertility"!

    ReplyDelete