Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Sweet Letter from Elder Li

Elder Li in front of the Seattle Temple

Dear family and friends,

I had a joyful day on Sunday. Two weeks ago, we put our eternal investigator Chris Foster on date for Baptism. He was baptized on Sunday by his Brother-in-law. Chris Foster is Part Member Family. His wife Eva is a return missionary from the Philippines. Eva has 4 brothers and 3 sisters who all served missions. They are all faithful members. The family and the ward have been working on Chris for 8 years, ever since they were married. Chris has been coming to church with his wife and 2 kids for 8 years. The missionaries started teaching him 3 years ago. I have been teaching him for 7 months, ever since I came to the area.


He has struggles recognizing the spirit, does not have much faith to believe the spirit. He wants to feel something big...We had many many great lessons. The spirit always fills the room. Eva is always in tear during the lesson. Chris just would not commit to it. I knew he would get what he expects because he has the desire, and he keeps all the commandments.


We fasted for him many times, but nothing happened. However, two weeks ago, it changed. We had a lesson on Temple marriage and Eternal family. I bore my testimony to him. I had never felt the spirit that strong. I was led by the spirit and said to him" Chris, I know and Heavenly Father knows you are ready. The transfer is in two weeks. I will not leave the area until I witness you get baptized. I want to see you, Eva and the kids being sealed in the temple a year from now, before I return home. Will you be baptized? "


Eva was in tear like always, even the 2-year-old kids became silent. The spirit was like fire burning, even Chris could not deny it. He said to me" Elder Li, you made the change. I got all the answers I need tonight. I felt what I have been expecting. I will be baptized before the transfer." I set a date with him: August 23rd.


It is a joy to witness him being baptized by his family member. I will have the opportunity to go to the temple with them in a year. I am so looking forward to it. In 2 years, he will be able to baptize his 6-year-old daughter. It is a joy to see his family united in the gospel. I am grateful.

I love you and miss you all. I appreciate for all your prayers. I have felt them.

With Love, Elder Li
I don't know about you, but I couldn't stop my tears when I read his story. He's become such a great spiritual person! Words cannot describe how proud I am as his sister! He amazes me over and over again. Because of him, I have a stronger testimony. Because of him, I know the Gospel is true. I know it can change people's lives for good! I love my family! I love my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment