Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BYE BYE, FSOT!

We've been (at least me) sitting on needles for the past three weeks to wait for John's FSOT result. Today the needles are gone because John PASSED it! He's so smart :-) So the next step will be the essays and interview, and practice Chinese. If he passes the Chinese language phone interview, he'll have a better chance to get a job offer early. So for the next month, me, Neil, and Megan are going to cram him with Chinese :-)

At the same time (day), I got a job offer to teach Chinese with the US army in California or Hawaii. So we have to decide whether/where I should take the job, CA or HI, or just stay put.

I hate government procedures. Why does it have to take so long to get anything done? There are so much uncertainty ahead of us, but we're excited!!

Congrats to my baby! Thanks for being so smart :-)

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! If you ended up in California, where would you be? We would love to have you guys close by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erica. The army base is in Monterey. John would be very happy to see Tom more often :-)

    ReplyDelete