Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In Memory of Max Cole


This is a long overdue. I guess John's right. I feel like if I don't face it, it never happened.

Max Cole is my American dad. I met him and his wife Deanna in China in 2003. They taught me English and I helped them find their way around Qingdao. We developed a special bond between each other. Max is one of the most honorable men I've ever met. He is honest, hard working, humorous, shy, smart, and very down-t0-earth. He reminds me of my dad and my grandpa.

Last week in Moscow Idaho, he overworked himself and wasn't able to get his sugar level high enough before he slipped into a diabetic coma. By the time his children discovered him, he had already left us.

I am eternally grateful for Max. He made it possible for me to come to BYU and finish my degree; he made it possible for my brother to go on an LDS mission in Seattle; he made it possible for me to join the church and have an eternal family. He changed the story of my life, and he'll continue to guide me on my journey.

I love him and I'll miss him until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment