Sunday, May 3, 2009

weekend

Today is kind of important because my cousin Megan took her very 1st missonary discussion!! I was so excited :-) The two Elders were great. I was impressed at how clearly they expressed things and how in tune they were with the Spirit! While I was sitting there, I couldn't help thinking about my own brother who's doing the same thing in Seattle. How proud I am to have a missionary brother! Megan's really accepting and she's having another discussion next Wed. I can't wait!!

After the missionaries were gone, Megan and I decided to make a great dinner to celebrate the event and also to break my fast. We looked at the fridge and decided the pig feet looked great. So I told John to have leftover pizza for dinner cuz I knew how much he would love to eat pig feet with us :-)

Saturday night we were invited to one of my best friends Jessie's house for dinner. She's marrying into a Pakistanian family and the mother-in-law was going to cook us some Pakistanian food. We had a great evening together. I learned two key words about Pakistanian cooking: spicy and yogurt. It's so spicy that they have to have yogurt on each plate to ease your tongue. They also cook a lot with yogurt. For example, the chicken below is cooked only with yogurt and salt and it tastes great, very tender.


The potaoto panncakes are great. They remind me of Chinese cooking because of the scallion in it.
chick peas and beefthe dessert is made of some kind of noodles. Strange texture, great flavor.

the dessert ingredient
Us, Jessie, and Sohil

No comments:

Post a Comment