Monday, February 15, 2010

Double Happiness: Year of Tiger+Valentine's Day Part 2: the Valentine's


There's a story behind these sugar cookies. My first batch didn't turn out at all because this would be the 1st time I'd ever baked sugar cookies. I made several mistakes:

1. I thought sugar cookies were just like any other cookies-they'd flatten out when they baked. So I put a huge ball of cookie dough on the cookies sheet, and that was a disaster. The middle was still gooey and the outside was almost burned. John enjoyed eating it though.

2. I used my problem-solving skills and figured out I needed to flatten the dough before I baked them. So I did. Later John told me I was supposed to cut the cookies into hearts first.

So we have a bunch of my failure cookies at home to satisfy John's sweet teeth for a week.




Now dessert time!!
Our friends Mark and Callie brought over these fancy and fun creme brulee for desserts. Everyone had fun with the torch :-)
Then we played Loaded Questions while eating pistachios (a.k.a the Happy Nuts). We had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment