Tuesday, February 2, 2010

John's Birthday- Jan 5th, 2010

John's last birthday really sucked because our car was towed the day before!! (I would do anything to make the tow guys disappear!!) This year it wasn't looking very promising either because one of his in-grown toe was coming back after the last surgery. He forgot about his birthday when he scheduled the doctor's appointment. What was he thinking?!

I had planned a surprise party for him that evening, thinking he'd be at work till 5pm as usual. But after his surgery at 2pm, he wanted to come home instead of going to work. It totally threw me off. I tried to get him to work, but didn't want to be too pushy (you should go to work with your broken toe, yea that won't give me away).

Luckily when he got home, he went to the bedroom, put up his feet, and fell asleep. I closed the door and started getting the food ready. Since I couldn't stand the smell of cooking, I had to go with sandwiches. I had bought everything from Costco the day before with Deanna and hid them at different places. Deanna took the cake home and brought it back right before the party. But I had to cook him some noodles, which symbolizes longevity in China, despite my cooking phobia.

People came before he woke up, and he was a little surprised when he saw everyone there. It was fun!

Happy birthday, baby! I love you!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment