Monday, April 5, 2010

My Version of Chinese Fast Food

This is my version of Chinese fast food. When you order a lunch box in China, one of the popular choices will be some sort of vegetable-meat stir-fry served over rice or noodles.

I like this recipe because you can use anything you have in your fridge. Also you get different kinds of vegetables in one serving. I serve it over whole-grain rice or buckwheat noodles to make it healthier.

Ingredients:
1/2 pound of ground or cubed pork (or chicken, or beef)
Assorted vegetables cubed (I like different colors and textures. My favorite combination is eggplant, celery, carrot, green onion, and mushroom.But you can throw in whatever you have at hand.)
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce (if you don't have it, use 1 tsp sugar instead)
a pinch of Salt
a pinch of Pepper

1. Heat up a little olive oil in the pan.
2. Add the meat, fry it until it changes color.
3. Add vegetables. Make sure you add the easy-to-cook vegetables last. Add carrot, onions etc first so they finish cooking at the same time.
3. About 10 minutes later, you have your lunch :-) Serve over brown rice or buckwheat noodles.





1 comment: