Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baby Shower

Kate threw me an amazing baby shower! She's been working on the whole thing for a month, and it turned out to be a great success! I'm so grateful to have her as one of my best friends!! She's amazing in so many ways: she cooks, she sews, she reads, she volunteers, she maps, and she travels. She's so funny, generous, thrifty, and creative. Why is she still single?!! I can't wait to help plan her wedding :-)

I'm also grateful for all my friends in America. I feel so loved. One of the things I don't like about being in America is that I don't get to see my family and friends in China. I miss being surrounded and loved by them. However, I'm so grateful to have made so many wonderful friends in America. Neither John or I came from a big family and I always complain about not being surrounded by family. So having so many good friends around has made our life so much better. We feel loved on a daily base.

Kate sent out about 35 invites and most people came. I'm thankful for all your support. Even those who couldn't come, thank you for the calls and emails. I felt your love and support. I love you all!!

I wish I had more pictures of everyone, but my photographer (Megan) left early so I didn't get to have everyone's picture. Here's some.

Kate got me this amazing chocolate cake with strawberry fillings. She also had these cute little chocolate fondu thing going. It was so much fun to dip things in the chocolate :-)


Addie is just getting cuter and cuter.

Gift-opening time!!




Baby Carr got so many cute clothes, blankets, and toys. John says she probably can wear one outfit per day without repeating until she's a couple years old :-)

She'll also enjoy the cradle swing she got.

Seriously, she has enough clothes for a LONG time!

We don't have a nursery yet, so I dedicated the shelf to her. She has a shelf full of stuff AND more.

Thank you again, Kate, for throwing a fun party! Thank you everyone for coming and showing me your love! We are so excited about the coming of our little angel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment