Wednesday, June 23, 2010

34 week checkup AND the BEST Guacamole EVER!!

I went for my 34 week check-up today and learned a few things:
  • The baby is in position (head down) and on schedule;
  • She's gonna be at least 8 pounds if she develops full term;
  • I've gained 20 pounds so far, which apparently is good;
  • For the next 6 weeks, I can gain another 10 pounds and still be considered normal. With me craving only veggies and fruit, it might be hard to reach that goal;
  • My water aerobic class will for sure help with the delivery :-)
Is it weird that I can't stop eating radishes? I could eat 2 bunches at one time. John takes a little bite and tells me it tastes like spicy dirt @-@ (me rolling eyes)

Let's get down to business.

One of the few vegetable dishes John would eat is guacamole dip. This is the best guacamole recipe I've found so far. It's really simple and yummy AND healthy. I buy the multi-grain chips so we could get some good fiber.
Here are the ingredients:
3 large (or 4 small) avocados
1 lime
2 small (1 large) jalapeno peppers
3 roma tomatoes
1/4 onion
1 big clove of garlic
some cilantro
a pinch of sea salt

Mash the avocados, juice the lime, dice the jalapenos, tomatoes, and onion, mince the garlic, chop up the cilantro really fine. Mix everything together. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment