Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Missionary

I love missionary work and I love missionaries! I feel so blessed and proud to have a little brother out in the mission field. I want to dedicate this post to him.
Owen came to Provo on Christmas Eve, 2006. He studied English at the ELC for two semesters, passed the TOEFL and went to BYU Hawaii for his undergraduate. He got baptized in May 2007 before he left for Hawaii. He was in a great ward with great friends and leaders in Hawaii. They influenced him in such a good way that he decided to go on a mission. He turned in his papers and had lots of complications because of his visa problem. But Heavenly Father would not let Satan stop this fine young man doing His work. Things worked out and he went to the MTC in December 2008. Now he's serving in Seattle, English speaking. But he talks to lots of Chinese people on his mission and speaks Chinese to them. He's been out for 2 months and has baptized a couple Chinese students on UW campus.
Here's part of a letter he wrote me a couple weeks ago,

"I have been teaching five people from mainland China, three of them is going to be baptised this Saturday. I have been touched by these Chinese people. I want to share some experience I had the past month.
Inva is a girl from Wuhan, study at University of Washinton. She told me that "Elder Li, when you teaching about Jesus Christ, I can see your eyes are different, looks very pure. I feel so peaceful when I learn about Jesus Christ. I've never had that feeling before. I want to be baptised.
Shengkun, a guy from Qingdao wrote me a note before I got transfered. He said"This past month, I have learned so much things that I never heard before. I feel so peaceful when you guys teach me. I have a better understanding about life. This is something I have been seeking for in my life. Thank you, ELder Li"
Yan, a Chinese girl cried during the scarement meeting when we sing closing hymn. She told me that she felt something really different, she felt like home. Very peaceful and grateful. She said "everytime I think about your church, I just smile, I want to join your church."
These experiences have really touched me and strengthed my testimony. This is why the gospel is true."

Every time I read his letters, I get overwhelmed by the abundance of the Spirit and I cry. I know because of his servie, our family is being blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment