Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy White Valentine!

Saturdays always fly by so fast. I wish there were at least two!Good news is the week after next, I'll have a 4-day weekend because of TESOL conference!!!!!!!

So according to Asian tradition, we celebrate two valentines. (Yeah I know. One is already over-rated! Two?!) So Feb 14 is a day where girls do everything to make boys feel loved and March 14th, the white Valentine, is when the boys return the love :-) However, in the Carr family, we switched the days.
Wearing Valentine shirts are popular in China. So on Feb 14th, John treated me like a princess. He made me breakfast in bed, gave me some nice gifts, cooked me a candlelit dinner, and took me to a Jazz synthesis :-)

Yesterday, March 14th was the day I have to return the valentine love. I made him a sausage-egg breakfast, sewed him a little gift, and made him a Mexican-Chinese dinner :-) I went to Macey's cooking class and learnt how to make the Cafe-Rio sweet pork meal. I replaced the sweet pork with low-fat chicken kabob. There's no way I can make a meal with three cups of sugar in it.
What the heck is this? Nice lining though...Ahh it's a keyboard duster John's always wanted. Too big though. Oh well!I sewed a couple hours for that little thing...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, TWO Valentines! I think it's a WAY cute idea. Go China. :) I'm so glad you give me these fun insights into Chinese culture. And matching shirts?! Can it BE any cuter?! I think I will officially celebrate it your way from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, I'm glad you liked the idea! I thought it was cute. It at least gives you an excuse to celebrate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Day seems like a good fit for John. What you should have given him was some sunless tanner .....burned...:)

    ReplyDelete