Friday, March 6, 2009

working

I've been working with this translation agency in Provo on Thursday and Fridays after teaching at the ELC. It's mostly review work of some very technical English. I deal with English such as "2.4 g (of the dry weight) of the wet PIPD pulp with CSF of about 300 ml was placed in a Waring Blender with 800 ml of water and agitated for 1 min. 0.8 g of carbon fiber were placed with about 2500 g water in the laboratory pulp disintegrator and agitated for 3 minutes. " It's highly boring. I don't even know what they are talking about in Chinese. However, I still manage to enjoy it because it's a different experience for me.

It also makes me grateful for the teaching job I have. I realized more than ever that I'm not an office person. I love people, well, mostly the interaction with people. Despite the fact that sometimes I wanna kill some of my students, I still think teaching is a prefect profession for me.

It also makes me think about what it'll be like staying home someday as a full-time mom. I love working and being independent so much. Am I ever gonna get used to staying home all day and waiting for my husband to bring home the bread? I've heard both good and bad things about a full-time mom. Some like it, others not so much? I can't wait to experience it myself.

Break is over. Back to my two giant computer screens~~

No comments:

Post a Comment